Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sabina visits Okinawa!

Ryan and I were so excited to have our first visitor last May - my sister, Sabina!  I had lots of things planned for her trip and I hope she loved Okinawa as much as we loved having her here.

We went to the restaurant, En Okinawa, so she could see taiko drummers and a shisa dog dance.  If you get bit, it's good luck!

Sabina stuffing her face with sushi
 Then we went to Okinawa World to see the Gyokusendo caves.  She got to even dress up in traditional kimono, and Ryan tried out Dr. Fish!
 

 While Ryan was at work, Sabina and I went to see the dragon boat races.  Every boat I thought would win always ended up losing!  We also got Japanese street fair food and saw creepy kid sumo wrestlers.


 We got pedicures at Cocok's where Sabina got strawberries on her toes and lunch at Transit cafe overlooking the East China Sea.

 We went to the Pineapple Park in Nago.  "Puh puh puh puh Pine-apooo"

 and the Churaumi Aquarium!


We also got a yummy seafood dinner at Sam's by the Sea!

We hope she will come back and visit us again!

No comments: